Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our precious new addition


Emma Lynn was born on August 19, 2009 at 1:18 p.m. She was 6 lbs 1 0z and 19 inches long. It was an easy labor once my water broke and delivery went pretty smoothly. It was actually pretty funny during labor when they were checking to see if I was dilated, Emma was positioned face up and had her hand on top of her head so everytime the nurse went to check, Emma would grab her finger. It was pretty hilarious seeing the horrified looks on the nurse's (our labor nurse had to get the other nurse to check it out cause it was so weird!) faces when she would grab their finger. My mom was a great support and I'm so glad that she was there during the whole event. She was a great labor coach! Thanks Mom! I love you!
My sister, Raelynn, came to stay with me and the girls for the week to help me at home and take care of the kids. She was such an amazing help and even though our kids got sick of each other being together so long, it really was great having them here. I just don't know how to handle her being gone now and feel so lonely with my girls. But don't worry, we are doing great!
I was able to come home from the hospital on Friday, Emma on the otherhand was diagnosed with jaundice and was given the option of staying at the hospital one more night or going home but she would have to be put in a bilibed for 24 hours except to feed and change her diaper. I was ready to go home with my little one, so I opted for the bilibed. It was a hard night but we survived and the next day we were told she didn't have to be in the bed anymore because the jaundice was gone. I had to get a picture of her in her mask that she had to wear for the bed, since it is like a little tanning bed, the baby has to wear a protective covering over there eyes and she looked like a little superhero.
Sunday, my parents and I left for a little while so that we could attend the Oquirrh Hills Temple Dedication. It was broadcast at our stake center and I was so happy to be able to go and enjoyed the speakers and prayer. It was a very special experience that I have been waiting a long time to be able to participate in and I'm glad that I am finally able to.
To add to the hecticness of having a newborn baby, school started on Monday and I am taking 3 classes. They are online and I can do them anytime. I am so close to being finished with my associates degree that I just can't put it off any longer. I need to get my bachelors in elementary education done as soon as possible so that I can support myself and my girls. It has been so important to me and I am not giving up on this goal. I am so appreciative of my family and friends support of allowing me to work towards this goal, I couldn't do it without you!
Abigail and Hailee have been excited to be big sisters. Well, Abigail is a bit jealous and doesn't like the little pink thing always attached to me and she has a hard time with having to share mommy but when Emma is lying down on the bed or being held she will give her kisses and say, "I love you, Emma" and watch over her. It was so weird the first time holding Abigail after coming home from the hospital, not only did we cut her hair so that she had bangs which made her look a little older but now she weighs so much! She isn't my little baby anymore and is officially a toddler. But I love her and the happiness and joy that she brings to our family. She can be a handful but she is worth every minute of it
Hailee is an amazing big sister and was at first complaining about how she would have to take care of Abigail and Annie and now all she asks is when she can hold Emma and if I could just take care of Abigal and Annie and she will take care of Emma. She has been so helpful with the kids and so caring of her new little sister, though when she is holding her, the minute Emma starts crying, she's done holding her. "You need to fix her mom."

I am so greatful for my friends and family who have visited and been here for me. Stephanie was sweet enough to throw us a baby shower on the 15th and I am so greatful for the things that we received and the love and support that was shown to me and my girls. Sometimes, I wonder if I truly deserve it but I know that Heavenly Father is watching out for me and helping me through my friends and family. Thank you Stephanie, Katie, Hannah, Jamie, Trina (she drove all the way from Salt Lake for me :), Jenn, Amy, my mom, Felisha and Grandma Chase for being at the shower...it was a ton of fun! I also wanted to thank everybody that has visited us at the hospital and at home it was so great seeing Christie and her husband Matt from Salt Lake, the awesome women from my ward that came to visit and it was especially fun walking two doors down at the hospital to say Hi to Amy who had her baby girl the same day as me (it was a race! Just kidding!).

Wow! This is a long post but I just want to express my joy and happiness and gratitude that I feel right now. I am so happy and so thankful for everything that I have especially my three little girls and will never forget that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with these three special spirits and I need to be the best mom for them. "For of him unto whom much is given much is required;..." Doctrine and Covenants 82:3

2 comments:

Safire said...

She is so cute! Congrats!!

Raelynn said...

Thanks for putting that awful picture of me in your blog!! :( We miss you too & I really loved helping you out. Too bad we don't live closer. But I guess you guys could be farther & we really would never see you! Love you!!