Saturday, December 20, 2008

The Past Week With Hailee

It has been a fun week! Last Friday, I drove to Salt Lake City to get Hailee and bring her home for the weekend. We had a lot of fun playing together as a family,
decorating the Christmas Tree
(finally!) and finishing Hailee's bedroom. Don picked her up Sunday evening to take her back to Salt Lake but I wasn't too sad about her leaving because I knew I would see her again on Thursday.
Wednesday night I was so excited to leave for Salt Lake the next morning that I had a hard time getting to sleep and then I think I finally fell asleep after midnight, only to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready and then drive. I finished getting ready and went to go start the car when I looked out our front window and saw the snow coming down! I panicked and threw everything into the car, warmed it up and then put Abigail's coat on so we could get going because I knew it was going to be a long drive. We left at 5:35 a.m. and I didn't get to Hailee's school until 10:30 a.m. Hailee's Christmas performance was at 9 a.m. and I was devastated that I missed it. Five hours in the car and driving in snow was not fun but getting to Salt Lake to be with my daughter was worth it. We left Hailee's school once the parents were ushered out because half day was over and we spent the rest of the day at my parent's house in Draper playing, reading and decorating Hailee's new sticker book.
Friday I picked up Hailee from school at 11:30 and we went to the South Towne Mall to play, shop and see Santa. We had a lot of fun and I would just like to say that I LOVE the playground area that they have at the mall. I could sit there for an hour and the kids would be so happy to play and interact with other kids and go down the slides.
Max, Maama, Papa and Felisha joined us while we waited to see Santa. Abigail didn't cry while in his lap but she had a very serious face. Hailee was very excited and asked Santa for what she wanted. Later she told me that she forgot to ask him for what she wanted at her dad's house and what she wanted for our house but I told her it was ok and Santa knew.

Tonite I get Hailee for a few hours so that we can all go together as a family to the Chase Christmas Dinner. I can't wait to see her. Then after that, we wont' be able to be together until Decemeber 28th.

No comments: