Monday, March 30, 2009

Home!

I am so happy to be able to tell everybody that we are going to be able to stay in our home here in Roosevelt. I'm so happy! I was not looking forward to moving. When I was pregnant with Abigail I moved twice and when I was pregnant with Hailee we moved once, so this time. I'm glad I don't have to deal with it (I'm sure my parents are too!)
The past week we have been teaching Abigail what different animals and family members say (I'm sure you saw the Animal sounds video) well, I taught her to say when I ask, "What does Maama say?" and she says, "Oh, papa!". Well, yesterday we were trying to figure out something for Papa and I was thinking Fricken because my dad always says that but Abigail didn't really catch on to that so my mom taught her later last night, "What does Papa say?" and Abi says, "I love you." It's so cute!
Today my friend, Jenn helped me start my planting endeavors. We planted flowers for my planter box in my front entryway and herbs. I'm so excited! We planted cilantro, dill, parsley, oregano, chives and lemon basil. I'm so excited! And since this home has a garden, I've bought seeds for veggies and I'm going to start those to. The Bishop gave a lesson yesterday on self-reliance and it has never hit me so hard then it did yesterday...also, the fact that they have had quite a few lessons on food storage and budgeting and everything, it must be pretty critical. So I am starting a garden and definitly working on my food storage, well, the best I can. April's Ensign is supposed to have new information on food storage so I'll have to buy it when I get to Salt Lake on Friday. I get to go get Hailee. Anyways, I just realized today (thanks to Jenn) that I'm due with the baby the same time I would have to start I guess...harvesting the food...ha, ha! So it will be interesting.
Love everybody and miss you!

3 comments:

Raelynn said...

I'm SO happy for you!! Glad everything is going great! I love that you sound so happy & better now than you have in awhile! You deserve it! Wish we were there to help! LOVE YOU!!!

Kristie Lynn said...

Lol! Thanks! I'm sure mom and dad wish you were too...to help out that is. ;)

Safire said...

Hey, remember when we tried to plant a garden in your back yard way back when? :) Hope this one goes better than that one did!